Pages

Tuesday, November 22

The problem is deciding what to do next

I have several projects in my head that I would like to get started on. Problem is when it gets like this: I don't know where to start! So let's list them up.

A bag for my BFF for Christmas. She's wanting a smaller bag than the one she has, one that has space for her iPhone, calendar, wallet and keys. However knowing her she's not going to want a super small bag, so I'm making it medium sized. I have the fabric for it cut out already - some wonderful green printed flower fabric mixed with green linen that I found on second hand for a bargain. For the details, I'm going with some home-dyed (on the stove) bobbin lace, that I have in abundance. My grandmother used to do a lot of bobbin lacing (is that what it's called?) before her eyesight got too poor to continue, and as her only granddaughter who has any interest in things like this, I inherited a whole box filled with laces. They are all so very beautiful, but they're all white, and white does not match all (any?) of my projects, so I have been looking for cheap ways to dye the little buggers at home.

For my second project I have a new bag for myself. I've it planned out in my head, sort of. I will use the black and white fabric scraps I got at second hand, some black satin trimming and maybe some of my bobbin lace. And a few of the oh-so-cute black and white striped buttons I got from Ebay.

The third project is a remodeling of my floor lamp. I have a Duderö lamp from IKEA (picture from IKEA on the right). Problem is it is made out of thin paper, and crazy cats plus thin paper lamps is not a great combination. However I have a plan to put some fabric on it to replace the broken paper; I just don't know if it's even doable in a nice looking way. We shall see.

Those are my projects for now. I think I better stop rambling about them and actually get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment